LEAD SURVEYOR, CONSTRUCTION
On The MRK provides construction surveys to many different industries within all areas of Alberta and Western Canada. Our project managers have over 20 years of experience in the survey and construction industry. We currently utilize all the latest survey technology available to ensure we provide our clients with accurate and cost effective products and services.
If you have experience in the construction survey industry, this job opening may be right for you. This position will report to the Operations Manager.
In this role you will:
- Coordinate and undertake planning and implementation of survey requirements to facilitate construction activities. Must be able to coordinate field work from both onsite and a remote location
- Organize and manage survey operations
- Perform calculations from a remote location when not in the field
- Must be sensitive to time deadlines and ensure that work is accomplished in the timeframes required
- Maintain accurate survey records, documentation and stamped submittals
- Provide layout at various stages of construction
- Operate a variety of survey equipment including GPS and Trimble Robotic Total Station
- Adjust the total station, clear sight lines, position targets, take manual measurements, compile notes, make sketches, and enter the data obtained into computers either in the field or at the office
To be successful in this role, we require:
- *Minimum 5 years experience in the survey construction industry
- Extensive experience required working in the office managing survey operations
- Previous drafting and calculations experience. Calculations are essential
- Experience with GPS and Trimble Robotic Total Station are required
- Strong computer skills and proficient in the use of office, data surveying and engineering based software are a must
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and organization skills
- Compliance with our drug and alcohol policy, which includes screening.
As a preferred employer, we provide you with a total compensation package that includes a:
- competitive salary
- guaranteed hours
- comprehensive benefits package
At On The MRK Construction, excellence in the projects we deliver, and the employees we hire are synonymous. We only hire the most highly qualified applicants. If you meet or exceed the above requirements, we invite you to submit your application for our review. We strive to communicate with all our applicants to ensure you’re updated throughout the application process.
Please send your resume and cover letter along with tickets and certifications to [email protected]